HIP V. HYPE provides advice and technical analysis that is commercially grounded, yet ambitious. Our work spans multiple scales from single residential homes to businesses, urban precincts and entire municipalities. We lead, collaborate and support our clients to enable best practice action on sustainability.
Better Homes by HIP V. HYPE
Better Cities & Regions
Our Better Cities & Regions Team drive long term change by supporting effective action on climate change, including a transition to a zero carbon and circular economy and the creation of climate resilient precincts and communities.
Our combination of skills, experience, and design-led approach enables us to provide advice across sustainable urban renewal, climate change strategies and plans, sustainable policy and planning and sustainability program development and evaluation.
Our experience working for and within Government and the private sector along with drawing on the interdisciplinary expertise of HIP V. HYPE, ensures we are uniquely placed to help our clients and partners deliver on their sustainability ambitions.
Working with local and state governments and needs based housing providers we develop policies, frameworks, tools and guidelines to ensure more sustainable development outcomes at all levels of decision making.
We keep our skills sharp and our expertise current by working directly with our local government clients to assess the ESD merits of planning applications.
We work with state and local government, community, developers and other precinct scale stakeholders such as education institutions to develop contextually responsive and highly integrated sustainability approaches for urban renewal and regional development projects.
Our work can be delivered as a standalone project or integrated with urban design or strategic planning projects. Our place-based approach to sustainability supports liveable, resilient, and connected communities.
We work with local governments, community groups and organisations to co-create organisation-wide and whole-of-community responses to climate change.
Drawing on the latest evidence, we seek to deeply understand the local context and environment, the specific risks and opportunities posed by climate change to ensure that the response is aligned with organisational and community priorities.
We also work with businesses and other organisations on Climate Strategies & Plans – see Better Business for more information.
We work with clients to design, help implement, and evaluate sustainability and climate change programs within their own organisations, as well as programs targeting households, businesses and the broader community.
Drawing on our technical expertise, research, communication and facilitation skills along with our extensive networks of suppliers and delivery partners, we can provide end-to-end support for programs that capture attention, drive meaningful climate action and attract investment.
Our Better Buildings Team are experts in integrating environmental, social and economic sustainability into buildings of all scales.
We deliver Buildings that are more comfortable, have cleaner, fresher air, cost less to operate and tread lightly on the environment.
Drawing on the interdisciplinary expertise of HIP V. HYPE, our team has a unique understanding of balancing the commercial aspects of building design and delivery with performance. No matter the budget, our team will work to improve sustainability throughout the lifecycle of a building – from strategy, through detailed design and planning, construction to operation.
- Environmentally sustainable design
- Bioclimatic, site-based opportunities assessments
- Passive & energy-efficient design
- Water efficiency and WSUD
- Sustainable management plans
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle plans and strategies
- Feasibility studies
- System performance design & briefing / services (ERV, Heat Pumps etc)
- PV System optimisation
- Feedback-loops / post-occ research
- Embedded networks and EV demand management
- Building thermal energy and emissions modelling
- Early-stage parametric modelling and optimisation
- Indoor thermal comfort modelling (PMV / Adaptive Comfort)
- External thermal comfort modelling
- Daylight and glare modelling and visualisation
- Thermal bridging assessments
- Zero Carbon and Carbon Positive plans and assessments
- Building, precinct and portfolio carbon emissions modelling
- Science-based target plans
- Climate Active buildings strategy
- Infrastructure and buildings resilience plans
- Embodied and lifecycle carbon assessments
- Climate change adaptation plans
- WELL Buildings & Community Standard
- WELL Health & Safety
- Healthy buildings (ventilation, daylight, thermal comfort, glare, materials etc)
- Indoor environment studies
- Materials specifications (low VOC etc)
- Green Star Buildings
- Living Building Challenge: Petal, Core, Zero Energy, Zero Carbon
- Passive House: Design and Certifications
- LEED Building Ratings
- Climate Active Carbon Neutral
- BESS Assessments
- One Planet Living
- NABERS Energy Assessments
- Section J and JV3 compliance
- NatHERS Assessments
Our Better Business team works with businesses of all scales to help establish, deliver, and evaluate their sustainability and climate change strategies.
Our deep understanding of market drivers and the risks of inaction enables us to support businesses to more effectively link ambition and strategy with decision making and action.
- Set ambitious sustainability goals and take action
- Certify as carbon neutral via Climate Active
- Understand and plan for specific climate risks and impacts to their business
- Develop a net zero carbon action plan
- Align their work with the UN Sustainable Development Goals