The scale of the Sunshine North LUMA development presented a unique opportunity to implement sustainability solutions at scale. A new community, located 16km from the Melbourne CBD, this project focuses on creating affordable homes that are healthy and efficient.
HIP V. HYPE worked in conjunction with Development Victoria, Archier and Hayball from the very early stages of this project. First helping to set the ambition and then identifying the sustainability options available, testing their viability and co-benefits, before developing a comprehensive Sustainability Management Plan (SMP).
Sustainable Design, Strategy & Implementation
Having both Gilmour Road wetland and Stony Creek in close proximity presented the opportunity to integrate and support these important natural resources. Significant water sensitive urban design solutions will deliver effective stormwater management, integrate with natural water flows, increase habitat, and provide recreational and aesthetic value to residents.
– Sustainability Strategy Guided by One Planet Living Principles
– Sustainability Management Plan for Town Planning (Stage 1 & 2)
– Precinct Scale Sustainable Energy Scoping Study
– Average 4 KWp Rooftop PV System per Dwelling
– 90% of Construction Waste Diverted From Landfill
– Reduction of Urban Heat Island Effect by Specifying Light Colours on Rooftops