HIP V. HYPE completed the Passivhaus certification for this family home, located in Castle Forbes Bay amongst the far southern forests of Tasmania.
The world’s leading standard in high performance buildings, Passivhaus delivers indoor comfort levels and energy efficiency significantly greater than Australian standards.
Certification & Compliance
Castle Forbes Bay, TAS
Performance was priority for the owners, with the home operating entirely off-grid — even when exposed to the cold weather systems from the Southern Ocean. The highly efficient design of this house maintains a warm interior even during winter snowfall.
- Design Stage; Review Passivhaus calculations and thermal envelope
- Milestone Stage; Comprehensive check of performance and thermal bridge review
- Completion; Final certification review, submission to Passivhaus Institute
- Energy savings of 90%
- Improved air quality
- High-levels of thermal comfort
- Self-maintained humidity and moisture
- Healthy environment
- Low energy bills